The Society of Artistic Research (SAR) (hereinafter 'SAR'), an independent, non-profit association pursuant to Articles 60 et seq. of the Swiss Civil Code, respects the intellectual property ownership rights of others. If you believe that any copyrighted work in which you own an exclusive right is accessible on or through our websites (www.jar-online.net and www.researchcatalogue.net) in a way that infringes your rights, please provide us with the following information:
1. A short description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
2. A short description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on our web-site;
3. Your address, phone number and e-mail address;
4. Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
We may be reached as follows:
Society for Artistic Research
c/o Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts
University of Gothenburg
Upon receipt of notification the following procedure is invoked:
1. The Society for Artistic Research will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Upon receipt of a valid complaint, the material will be temporarily removed from the Society for Artistic Research's websites until the matter is resolved.
3. The Society for Artistic Research will contact the contributor who deposited the material in which you claim to have a copyright. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a copyright complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. The complainant and the contributor will be both encouraged to liaise with each other in order to resolve the copyright infringement issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is brought online again on the Society for Artistic Research's websites unchanged.
- The material is brought online on the Society for Artistic Research's websites with changes/modifications.
- The material is permanently removed from the Society for Artistic Research's websites.
5. If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree on a solution, the material will remain unavailable/offline.